Biasakan berdo’a sebelum melakukan pekerjaan, minimal Bismillahirrohmanirrohim
Choose the best answer for each questions.
The following text is for number 1 to 6
Heroes Monument (Bahasa Indonesia: Tugu Pahlawan) is a monument in Surabaya. It is the main symbol of the city, dedicated to the people who died during the Battle of Surabaya on 10 November 1945 in which the people of Surabaya fought against Allies and Dutch forces who wished to occupy Indonesia again. Heroes Monument is located in the centre of Surabaya on the Jalan Pahlawan, stands a 41 meter high. The monument has become Surabaya’s landmark and is shaped as an upside down nail. During the Japanese occupation, the building was used as the base camp for the military police where many Indonesians were trialed and tortured for their resistance against the Japanese occupation.
1. Heroes monument is located in ….
a. Jakarta b. Surabaya c. Japan d.Bandung
2. Based on the text, we know that the battle of Surabaya is happened on ….
a. 17 August b. 10 November c. 28 Oktober d. 1 January
3. During the Japanese occupation, the building of monument was used to ….
a. Military hospital b. Personal building
c. Military basecamp d. Police museum
4. Based on the text, what is the landmark of Surabaya city?
a. Heroes statue b. Sura baya statue
c. Heroes monument d. Surabaya museum
5. Heroes monument is built to ….
a. Bury the dead people b. Occupy Indonesian
c. Governmental symbol d. Remember all heroes
6. How high is the heroes monument?
a. 10 meter b. 1945 meters
c. 45 meters d. 41 meters
The following text is for number 7 to 11
Taj Mahal is one icon from India which is very famous for its beautiful architecture and history. It is specifically located in Agra, India. This building was established during the reign of Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan. It took around 22 years to build Taj Mahal. It was dedicated as a mausoleum (grave) to his wife, the Empress Arjumand Banu Begum known as Mumtaz Mahal. The building looks so majestic with white marble from the front. Taj Mahal consists of the main gate, the garden, a mosque, a living room, and some white and beautiful buildings.
7. Taj Mahal is well known for the great ….
a. Stone b. Sad story
c. Architecture d. Song
8. Taj Mahal building consists of the following. Excepts ….
a. Mosque b. Main gate
c. Garden d. Bedroom
9. How many years does it took to build Taj Mahal?
a. Twenty one years b. Twenty two years
c. Twenty three years d. Twenty four years
10. Taj Mahal is actually a grave of ….
a. Emperor Shah Jahan b. Mumtaz Mahal
c. Emperor’s daughter d. Mumtaz Mahal’s son
11. Taj Mahal is located in ….
a. Indonesia b. England
c. Malaysia d. India
The text is for number 12 to 16
Attention, please! Due to the fact that the next two days are religion holidays of Iedul Adha and followed by the five days school program, all students are requested to study at home during those days starting on tomorrow. School will begin on September 4th , 2022. Happy Iedul Adha and happy holiday.
12. The text above is called ….
a. Warning b. Prohibition
c. Announcement d. Caution
13. The text is probably given by ….
a. Headmaster b. Boss
c. Doctor d. President
14. Based on the text, we can conclude that the holiday is ….
a. Four days b. Five days
c. Six days d. Seven days
15. When will the school begin after holidays?
a. On 4 September b. On 5 September
c. On 6 September d. On 7 September
16. What are the students requested to?
a. Pray Iedul Adha b. Study at home
c. Go to vacation d. Go to school
The text is for number 17-20
Good afternoon passengers. This is the preboarding announcement for flight 89B to Makasar. We are now inviting those passengers with small children, and any passengers requiring special assistance, to begin boarding at this time. Please have your boarding pass and identification ready. Regular boarding will begin in approximately ten minutes time. Thank you.
17. Where does the announcement probably take place?
a. Hospital b. School
c. Airport d. Terminal
18. Where does the flight go to?
a. Jakarta b. Surabaya
c. Makasar d. Malaysia
19. What should the passenger prepare before boarding?
a. Driver license b. Boarding pass
c. Phone card d. Passport
20. The boarding will begin in ….
a. 8 minutes b. 9 minutes
c. 10 minutes d. 11 minutes
The text is for number 21 to
Attention please! Class captain is speaking now! To celebrate Indonesian’s Independence day, our school will have an English competition namely speech contest. It will be held on August 16th 2017. Registration will be held on 10th-15th August at OSIS room. Thank you
21. From the text above, we know that the announcement is for ….
a. Teacher b. Headmaster
c. OSIS only d. All students
22. What competition is held?
a. Speech b. Singing
c. Cooking d. Debate
23. The registration of the competition is ….
a. Four days b. Five days
c. Six days d. Seven days
24. The competition is held to celebrate ….
a. Hero day b. Independence day
c. Kartini day d. Education day
25. If we want to join the contest, we could register to ….
a. OSIS room b. Class captain
c. Teacher d. Headmaster