SOAL PAS GANJIL 2023-2024 PAKET C KELAS 10
PKBM LENTERA NUSANTARA
TEACHER: FIDAYAH, S.Pd.
A. Pilihan ganda: Bacalah teks berikut dengan seksama, kemudian pilihlah jawaban yang benar untuk setiap pertanyaan.
The following text is for number 1 to 5.
My name is Budi and I am from Indonesia. I am writing to you because I want to learn more about your country and culture. I am 15 years old and I am in grade 10. I go to SMA Negeri 2 Malang, which is a public high school. I study various subjects, but my favorite ones are English, history, and art. I also like to play soccer, watch movies, and listen to music. I have a lot of friends at school and we often hang out together.
I live with my parents and my younger sister in a small house. My father is a mechanic and my mother is a nurse. They work hard to support our family. My sister is 12 years old and she is in grade 6. She likes to read books, draw pictures, and play with dolls. We sometimes fight, but we love each other very much.
I am very curious about your life and your hobbies. What do you like to do in your spare time? What kind of music do you listen to? What are your favorite subjects at school? Do you have any siblings or pets? Please write back to me and tell me more about yourself. I hope we can become good friends.
- Where is Budi from?
c. SMA Negeri 2
2. What are Budi’s favorite subjects?
a. English, history, and art
b. Soccer, movies, and music
c. Mechanic, nurse, and doll
d. Grade 10, grade 6, and grade 12
3. What does Budi’s father do?
a. He is a mechanic
b. He is a nurse
c. He is a teacher
d. He is a penpal
4. How old is Budi’s sister?
5. What does Budi want to learn from his penpal?
a. His country and culture
b. His house and family
c. His school and subjects
d. His hobbies and interests
The following text is for number 6 to 10.
Last month, I went to Bali with my family. It was a very exciting and enjoyable holiday. I want to share with you what I did in Bali.
We went to Bali by plane. It took us about two hours to get there. We stayed at a nice hotel near the beach. The hotel had a big swimming pool and a beautiful garden. We also had a delicious breakfast every morning.
We visited many places in Bali. We went to Tanah Lot, which is a famous temple on the sea. We also went to Kuta, which is a popular beach for surfing. We also went to Ubud, which is a cultural center for art and music. We saw many traditional dances and paintings there.
We did many activities in Bali. We swam in the sea and played with the sand. We also rode a banana boat and a jet ski. We also tried some local food and souvenirs. We tasted some sate, nasi campur, and pisang goreng. We bought some batik, wood carving, and silver jewelry.
That was how I spent my holiday in Bali. I had a lot of fun and learned a lot. I hope I can go to Bali again someday.
6. How did I go to Bali?
a. By bus
b. By car
c. By plane
d. By train
7. Where did I stay in Bali?
a. At a nice hotel near the beach
b. At a cheap hostel near the airport
c. At a cozy cottage near the mountain
d. At a friend’s house near the city
8. What is the name of the famous temple on the sea in Bali?
a. Tanah Lot
9. What is the popular beach for surfing in Bali?
c. Nusa Dua
10. What is the cultural center for art and music in Bali?
B. Pilihan ganda kompleks: Bacalah teks berikut dengan seksama, kemudian tandailah pernyataan-pernyataan yang sesuai dengan teks. Jawaban lebih dari satu.
This text is for number 11 and 12.
Attention, students of kejar paket C grade 10. We are pleased to announce that there will be a field trip to the Museum of Natural History next week on Wednesday, December 13, 2023. The museum is located in Jakarta and it has many exhibits and collections related to the history, culture, and biodiversity of Indonesia. You will have a chance to see fossils, artifacts, animals, plants, and more. You will also learn about the environmental issues and challenges that our country faces.
The field trip will start at 7:00 a.m. and end at 5:00 p.m. You will travel by bus with your teachers and classmates. The cost of the trip is 100,000 rupiah per person, which includes the entrance fee, transportation, and lunch. You need to bring your own water bottle, snacks, and extra money for souvenirs. You also need to wear comfortable clothes and shoes, and bring a hat, sunscreen, and a camera.
If you are interested in joining the field trip, you need to register and pay by Friday, December 8, 2023. You can register and pay at the school office. Please note that there are only 50 spots available, so hurry up and sign up. This is a great opportunity to have fun and learn something new. Don’t miss it!
- What are some of the benefits of joining the field trip to the museum? (Choose two correct answers)
- You will have fun with your friends and teachers
- You will learn something new about Indonesia
- You will get a discount for the entrance fee
- You will improve your English skills
- What are some of the things that you need to do before the field trip? (Choose two correct answers)
- Register and pay at the school office
- Bring your own water bottle and snacks
- Eat much so that you won’t be hungry
- Sleep well because you will need extra energy
This text is for number 13 to 15.
My favorite movie is The Lion King. It is an animated movie produced by Disney. It is a musical drama that tells the story of a young lion who becomes the king of the Pride Lands.
I like this movie because it is very beautiful and touching. It has many stunning scenes and songs, such as the Circle of Life, Hakuna Matata, Can You Feel the Love Tonight, and I Just Can’t Wait to Be King. It also has many emotional moments, such as the death of Mufasa, the reunion of Simba and Nala, and the return of Simba to his homeland. It makes me cry and smile.
I also like this movie because it has many lessons and values, such as responsibility, courage, friendship, and family. It teaches me to be honest and loyal, to respect and protect nature, and to follow my destiny. It motivates me to be a leader and a hero.
That is my favorite movie. I love The Lion King because it makes me happy and proud. I hope I can watch more movies like this.
13. Which statements are matching the text?
- The Lion King is produced by Disney
- The Lion King is a musical drama
- The Lion King is a horror movie
- The Lion King has many boring scenes and songs
14. Which statements are matching the text?
- King has many lessons and values
- I cannot watch more movie like this
- The Lion King makes me cry and smile
- The Lion King makes me bored
15. Which statements are matching the text?
- The Lion King is my favorite movie.
- The Lion King has many vices and sins.
- The Lion King makes me laugh and cry.
- The Lion King makes me sad and angry.
C. Menjodohkan: Bacalah teks berikut dengan seksama, kemudian jodohkan setiap pertanyaan dengan jawaban yang sesuai.
There are many historical places in Indonesia that reflect the past and present of this nation. Some of these places are recognized as World Heritage Sites by UNESCO, which means they have outstanding universal value for humanity. Here are some examples:
- Borobudur Temple: This is the largest and most famous Buddhist temple in the world. It was built in the 9th century by the Sailendra Dynasty in Central Java. It consists of nine stacked platforms, decorated with over 2,000 relief panels and 500 Buddha statues. The temple represents the cosmic mountain of Meru, where the Buddha attained enlightenment.
- Prambanan Temple: This is the largest and most beautiful Hindu temple complex in Indonesia. It was built in the 10th century by the Sanjaya Dynasty in Central Java. It is dedicated to the Trimurti, the three main gods of Hinduism: Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva. The temple has over 200 structures, with the main ones being the three tall and slender temples for the Trimurti.
- Fort Rotterdam: This is a historical fort that was built by the Gowa Kingdom in the 16th century in Makassar, South Sulawesi. The fort was used as a military base and a center of trade and education. The fort has a unique shape that resembles a sea turtle.
- Jakarta Old Town: This is the oldest part of Jakarta. It was established by the Dutch East India Company in the 17th century as Batavia, the center of their colonial administration and trade in Asia. The area has many historical buildings and monuments that reflect the Dutch colonial architecture and style.
- Bogor Palace: This is a presidential palace that was built by the Dutch governor-general in the 18th century in Bogor, West Java. It was originally a summer residence and a botanical garden. The palace is also known for its collection of paintings, sculptures, and antiques. The palace is not open to the public, but visitors can see the exterior and the park from the outside.
Match the following historical places with their descriptions:
|a. A presidential palace that was built by the Dutch governor-general in the 18th century in Bogor, West Java
|b. A historical fort that was built by the Gowa Kingdom in the 16th century in Makassar, South Sulawesi
|c. The largest and most beautiful Hindu temple complex in Indonesia that was built in the 10th century by the Sanjaya Dynasty in Central Java
|Jakarta Old Town
|d. The largest and most famous Buddhist temple in the world that was built in the 9th century by the Sailendra Dynasty in Central Java
|e. The oldest part of Jakarta that was established by the Dutch East India Company in the 17th century as Batavia
D. True false: Bacalah teks berikut dengan seksama, kemudian tandailah pernyataan-pernyataan yang benar dengan T dan yang salah dengan F.
The following text is for number 21 to 25
Bakso malang is a type of meatball soup that originated from Malang, a city in East Java, Indonesia. Bakso malang is different from other kinds of bakso because it has a variety of ingredients and toppings. Bakso malang usually consists of the following components:
- Bakso: The meatballs are made from a mixture of beef, chicken, or fish, and tapioca flour. They are boiled in a savory broth until cooked and tender. Some of the stuffed meatballs are bakso beranak (with smaller meatballs inside), bakso urat (with beef tendon), bakso isi (with cheese, egg, or quail egg), and bakso goreng (fried meatballs).
- Mie: The noodles are made from wheat flour and eggs. They are boiled separately and then added to the soup. Mie malang has two types of noodles: mie kuning (yellow noodles) and bihun (rice vermicelli). Some people also like to add kwetiau (flat rice noodles) or lontong (rice cake) to their bakso malang.
- Siomay: The dumplings are made from fish paste and tapioca flour. They are steamed and then cut into bite-sized pieces. Siomay malang has various fillings, such as tofu, cabbage, potato, or egg.
- Tahu: The tofu is fried until crispy and then stuffed with meatballs or siomay. Tahu malang is also served with peanut sauce and sweet soy sauce on top.
- Pangsit: The wontons are made from thin wrappers filled with minced meat or shrimp. They are either fried or boiled and then added to the soup.
Bakso malang is one of the most popular street foods in Indonesia, especially in East Java. It can be found in many places, such as roadside stalls, food carts, restaurants, and supermarkets. Bakso malang is usually eaten with a spoon and a fork, or with chopsticks for the noodles. Bakso malang is often accompanied by sambal (chili sauce), kecap manis (sweet soy sauce), vinegar, and lime juice for extra taste. Bakso malang is a hearty and satisfying dish that can be enjoyed anytime and anywhere.
- Bakso malang is a type of meatball soup that originated from Malang, a city in East Java, Indonesia. ( )
- Bakso malang has only one type of meatball, which is made from beef and tapioca flour.
- Bakso malang has various ingredients and toppings, such as noodles, siomay, tofu, ang pangsit. ( )
- Bakso malang is usually eaten with a spoon and a fork, or with chopsticks for the noodles. ( )
- Bakso malang is only available in restaurants and supermarkets. ( )